Nestled in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains, the Shenandoah Valley is a great place to visit.
It’s a hidden gem for folks who love the great outdoors, particularly with its Shenandoah National Park.
Over there, the famous Skyline Drive takes you on a scenic journey through hills, forests, and sweeping views. And, it’s especially fun from the back of your grandfather’s pickup truck (my brother & I can attest).
That said, it helps to know the best places to stay in the Shenandoah.
Therefore, I’ve gathered a list of the best resorts in Shenandoah Valley.
The best resorts in the Shenandoah Valley are:
- Mountainside Villas at Massanutten
- Boar’s Head Resort
- Bluegreen Vacations Shenandoah Crossing
- Kimpton, the Forum Hotel
- Mimslyn Inn
Keep reading to learn more about each of these Shenandoah resorts!
Related Reading: Best National Parks In Virginia
The Best Resorts In Shenandoah Valley VA
Tucked away in McGaheysville is the Mountainside Villas at Massanutten.
Managed by TripForth, the place offers a cozy escape for those looking to balance cozy comfort with wild adventure.
Also situated in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, these villas provide not just a place to stay but a gateway to acres of mountain fun.
- Mountainside Villas at Massanutten by TripForth is located within the beautiful Massanutten Resort, offering a range of amenities and activities.
- The resort features 2-bedroom townhomes with a living area, dining room, full kitchen, sauna, and private balcony.
- Guests can enjoy access to a sauna and various recreational facilities, including an indoor pool, outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, fitness center, arcade/game room, and outdoor tennis court.
- The accommodations include air conditioning and fireplaces, providing a comfortable and cozy atmosphere for guests.
- Mountainside Villas at Massanutten by TripForth is near the Massanutten Resort Water Park and Massanutten Ski Resort, offering convenient access to leisure and entertainment options.
The charm of Mountainside villas lies in their proximity to the adventure hotspots.
If you’re also an adrenaline junkie, you’ll appreciate the easy access to Massanutten Resort’s ski resorts and an array of activities.
From skiing in winter to golfing in summer, there’s never a dull moment.
As for the villas themselves, they’re a welcome retreat after a long day of exploration.
Conveniently, they feature comfortable furnishings and picturesque views.
Overall, what’s great about the Mountainside Villas is that they put you right in the neighborhood of Shenandoah National Park.
Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just want a leisurely stroll, the park’s trails are waiting for you, only a short walking distance away.
It’s the perfect blend of outdoor adventure and creature comforts–such a mix makes your stay at the Mountainside Villas one of the best lodging options for your Shenandoah Valley experience.
Located in Charlottesville, Boar’s Head Resort offers a quintessential Shenandoah experience with its breathtaking property, premium rooms, variety of amenities, and hearty breakfast.
It’s a place where luxury meets the natural charm of Shenandoah Valley.
Additionally, it’s one of the best hotel accommodations near the scenic Skyline Drive, promising a charming escape surrounded by the wooded areas.
- The Boar’s Head Resort in Charlottesville, Virginia is a Four Diamond resort with first-class rooms and suites, an on-site golf course, and a pool.
- Accommodation amenities include access to the Sports Club and swimming pools, as well as balconies or patios (based on availability and location).
- The resort features a sports club with 10 outdoor clay courts, 12 indoor courts, and six pickleball-specific outdoor courts, offering guests the opportunity to participate in daily clinics or book court time.
- Guests can indulge in culinary experiences at the resort’s dining establishments, and the location is conveniently near numerous wineries, craft breweries, and distilleries.
- The resort also offers a leisure center with various recreational facilities, including a terrain park, ice skating, and Ridgely’s Fun Park for Kids and Families.
The resort provides a range of amenities designed for a memorable stay, with comfortable and stylish rooms.
Meanwhile, the golf course invites enthusiasts to enjoy a round against the backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Furthermore, you can indulge in relaxation at the spa, where the soothing ambiance complements the tranquility of the region.
And, beyond the resort’s boundaries lies the gateway to Shenandoah National Park.
Whether you crave an invigorating hike or a leisurely drive through Skyline Drive, Boar’s Head Resort serves as an ideal starting point for your adventures.
The Bluegreen Vacations Shenandoah Crossing Ascend Resort Collection offers a unique blend of rustic charm and contemporary comforts.
Nestled in the quaint town of Gordonsville and surrounded by the natural beauty of Shenandoah Valley, this resort is a great option for a mountainside escape.
- Bluegreen Vacations Shenandoah Crossing, Ascend Resort Collection is located in Gordonsville, Virginia, offering a prime location for outdoor vacations.
- The variety of accommodation options includes traditional 2 or 3-bedroom cabins and glamorous yurts, providing a range of choices for guests.
- The resort encompasses 1,000 acres of private land and offers amenities such as indoor and outdoor pools, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant for dining convenience.
- Adventurous activities available at the resort include boating, hiking, biking, and horseback riding, catering to guests seeking outdoor recreation.
- Special room layouts are available, catering to various preferences, and the resort provides a pleasant respite for guests looking to unwind and relax.
At Bluegreen, you get to choose from a diverse range of accommodations.
Such an array includes fantastic cozy cabins that provide a getaway that seamlessly integrates with the picturesque surroundings.
On top of that, modern amenities complement the rustic setting, ensuring a comfortable stay for all guests.
Beyond the resort’s confines, the allure of Shenandoah National Park awaits.
Guests can easily venture into the park to explore its scenic trails and experience the wonders of nature.
All in all, the resort is a convenient destination for those looking to balance adventure with relaxation.
So, if you desire a resort that embraces the simplicity of nature without sacrificing modern conveniences, this should be your go-to choice.
In the vibrant city of Charlottesville, lies the Kimpton Forum Hotel, a part of the IHG family.
While it’s not the closest place to stay near Shenandoah National Park, this chic hotel offers a stylish retreat for those exploring the Shenandoah Valley.
- Kimpton – The Forum Hotel is located in Charlottesville Virginia, on the grounds of the University of Virginia, offering a vibrant and modern atmosphere for guests.
- The hotel provides a one-of-a-kind experience with superb views, unmatched service, and eclectic gathering spaces–including a lively lobby living room and state-of-the-art classrooms.
- Guests can enjoy luxury amenities such as a pet-friendly environment, an on-site gym, loaner bikes, morning coffee and tea service, and a yoga mat in every room.
- The hotel features specialty suites, offering sophisticated and generously sized main lodge rooms for guests seeking a luxurious stay.
- The location is close to attractions such as the John Paul Jones Arena, providing easy access to entertainment and leisure options for guests.
The Forum Hotel boasts a contemporary design, luxurious accommodations, and a commitment to providing a sophisticated guest experience.
Moreover, the rooms are thoughtfully designed with a touch of modern flair, creating a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing atmosphere.
While staying at The Forum Hotel, guests have the opportunity to explore Charlottesville’s cultural offerings, from charming downtown areas to historical sites.
Additionally, the hotel’s prime location makes it a convenient starting point for those planning excursions into Shenandoah Valley and its natural wonders.
Though not surrounded by the wilderness, the hotel offers easy access to the scenic beauty and recreational opportunities that define the Shenandoah Valley experience.
5 – The Mimslyn Inn
The Mimslyn Inn stands as a testament to the history and Southern hospitality of the charming town of Luray.
Such a gem not only offers a delightful stay but also places you close to the captivating beauty of Shenandoah National Park.
- The Mimslyn Inn is a luxury hotel located near Shenandoah National Park in Luray, Virginia.
- Guest rooms at the inn include comfortable queen-size beds with pillow-top bedding, flat-screen televisions, and free WiFi, ensuring an enjoyable stay for guests.
- The inn features accessible hotel and venue entrances, as well as accessible accommodations, meeting spaces, and restaurants, catering to guests with diverse needs.
- Guests can enjoy amenities such as individual climate control, a lounge area, event space, and complimentary wireless internet access.
- The hotel also offers a variety of outdoor activities in the surrounding area, including canoeing, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and massage services.
With its classic architecture and well-preserved interiors, the Mimslyn Inn exudes a timeless elegance.
Each room incorporates comfort and tradition, inviting guests to unwind in a setting that captures the essence of the region’s rich heritage.
From there, a short and scenic drive takes you to the famed Skyline Drive, where overlooks and nearby hiking trails await.
The Mimslyn also resides near the famous Luray Caverns, making the resort an ideal spot for caving adventurers.
For nature enthusiasts, the Mimslyn Inn serves as a convenient and perfect base for Shenandoah Valley excursions.
What’s more, if you want to indulge in Southern hospitality, you can enjoy the delicious cuisine at the inn’s restaurant.
On the whole, the Mimslyn Inn is a gateway to the natural wonders and cultural delights that make Shenandoah Valley a must-visit destination.
From historic charm at The Mimslyn Inn to modern elegance at Kimpton – The Forum Hotel, each retreat complements the allure of Shenandoah National Park.
With that said, now that you know five of the best resorts in Shenandoah Valley, continue onto the next step of your trip planning by reviewing the national park travel tips.
Whether seeking adventure or relaxation, these resorts in the Shenandoah Valley will make sure that your stay is as memorable as the scenery surrounding them.
Now, enjoy your trip to the Shenandoah!
What’s your favorite Shenandoah Valley resort?
For more Virginia travel guides, you can also check out:
- Best Virginia National Parks
- Ways To Celebrate Your Birthday In Virginia
- Most Unique Tours In Virginia Beach
- Interesting Tours In Williamsburg VA
Thanks for reading!
FAQs On The Best Resorts In Shenandoah Valley
What is the best city to stay in when visiting Shenandoah National Park?
Charlottesville Virginia, is a popular city to stay in when visiting Shenandoah National Park due to its close proximity and access to various accommodations, dining options, and attractions.
How many days should you spend in Shenandoah?
The ideal duration for a visit to Shenandoah National Park is at least 2 to 3 days, allowing visitors to explore the park’s scenic beauty, hiking trails, and nearby attractions.
Where should I stay to see Shenandoah National Park?
Visitors can consider staying at various accommodations near Shenandoah National Park, including the Mountainside Villas at Massanutten, Boar’s Head Resort, Bluegreen Vacations Shenandoah Crossing, Kimpton – The Forum Hotel, and the Mimslyn Inn, all of which offer different experiences and amenities for guests.
What time of year is Shenandoah National Park best?
Shenandoah National Park is particularly beautiful during the fall season when the foliage changes color, offering stunning vistas. Spring and summer also provide pleasant weather for outdoor activities and exploration within the park.